16.11.07

Glare

Haih,when the exams officially ended with my last paper yesterday I felt..superhuman. You could've shot me twice in the head and I'd still be laughing maniacally,running around town screaming "FREEE!".

Yesterday I entered Roger David,attracted by the song playing over their audio system-I first pretended to browse the clothes,looking genuinely interested at one V-necked shirt that looked so morbidly metrosexual I think only someone like David Beckham could pull off-then proceeded to the counter,and inquired the girl casually standing behind it about the song.This Indian teen,typically equipped with a disastrously forced accent that sounded predominantly British,wearing a sleeveless top that boasted the large tattoo of a Tiger on her pale left arm-in response,she threw me this filthy glare-one so lethal and severe it should be a criminal offense,something you'd save for someone who you obsessively hate who has done something irredeemably unforgivable.Like kill your cat,or rape your babies.It was filthy.It lasted for only a second,during which I was too stunned to do anything-her co-worker noticed me,even heard my question,turned from the rack of clothes he was busily tidying and yelled out "Ministry of Sound-Chillout Sessions ten-I think!" and I thanked him,looked at Shark Eyes,smiled and walked out thinking what a xenophobic skank this poor excuse for a human being is,and how I pity her for he sheer stupidity.How some people can be so determined to hate people they know completely nothing about,is beyond me-such a blatant waste of time and energy.

But that didn't have any effect on my good mood,though.Told'ya I was bulletproof.At least I was,until I got this killer gastric attack that had me moaning in pain in the children's section of Borders.What was I doing there?Was busy perusing mags but I had to sit down somewhere quiet and I thought maybe they'd have colorful beanie bags over at the children's sect-where there was a lone crying boy who just stood still weeping,glaring me down like the devil while I clutched my tummy in pain and held on to the nearby bookcase.So I walked out of the crowded mall,moaned my way all the way down Swanston until the pain removed itself.Incidentally,it was when I reached the point where a bearded,scrawny man was playing the acoustic guitar that my predicament vanished.

2 comments:

Irina said...

I'll only be able to feel superhuman wed afternoon. hope it'd feel just as good!

re nice pics, check out http://www.flickr.com/photos/velco/
i think he's based in Melbourne, and i like most of his work.

Al said...

WOAH.Yea,no doubt his pics are nice-it's uncommon the way he deliberately messes up the pic (ie over/under expsr) to achieve that neat effect.Tks for that,be sure to share anymore interesting onln photojournals!All the best for ARA!