4.11.07

Haiku

Ah,what am I doing here?

Hold on,I need to pee.

Exams start tomorrow,and I've decided to take half the day off to think about what type of haircut I should get.But after more than two hours of contemplating,I think I'll postpone that until my hair grows a bit longer and becomes truly unmanageable.It is now,like when I wake up in the mornings and after a shower,it'll be all wet and once it dries it feels itchy as a baboon's butt and I feel like grabbing a pair of scissors and chopping it all off.Hair can be such a nuisance sometimes-like this wild animal living on your head,acting in it's own accord.One day when I escape to some distant foreign country where noone knows me,I will shave off every strand of hair I have on me-okay maybe I'll save the ones I have on my legs,arms and intimate spots,because I'll feel completely exposed without a bush or something-okay,way too much information-anyways,that's my big life plan fyi.Run away,my official attempt at a new life will first be marked by the symbolic head-shaving,and after that I'll get a smelly stray cat,a three-legged dog with one eye half-closed and a mute hamster and shave them all naked.And together,we will have our happily ever after.

I'm a bit excited to go home,but not that excited.I'm excited for all the food,seeing em' old friends and of course,my delightful family-even for all their tendencies of being completely unstable,they're interesting people and family is one of those things in life you can't ever separate from.They are my heart.I don't even know what that means,but yeah.Plus the cats,man how I miss having animals around-even those filthy cats carrying feline AIDS with them who annoyingly brush against your feet under tables at mamak's,or all the tiny pretty insects always present-the crickets and frogs who come to play at night,the worms and cockroaches who turn up in your food and float around in the sink,and sometimes the elusive ladybird with a shell so bright and gleaming you just want to smash it and watch it ooze out white stuff.That's what we used to do with butterflies back in primary school-they were our muse while we waited for the school bus to fill,along with grotesque slimy lines of newly-born tadpoles we used to throw at each other or discreetly put on the head of the Indian girl with the long,foul-smelling braid who,despite being fortunate enough to be born into a modern world,still used cow dung for deodorant and thought noone saw when she snuck under the table to dig her nose during English class.Of course,everyone saw,even Miss Hellen who would yell out "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?GO WASH!GO WASH!".Jeez,chill la Miss Hellen,it's not like we raped you with a popsicle or something.

Okay,so we've established that I'm not cutting my hair but I'm not growing it into a braid either.Boys with long hair only look nice in primitive surroundings,like jungles-i.e Conan or Tarzan,like not many girls can pull off short hair without coming off totally butch.All is fair when it comes to hair.

Sushi for dinner tonight,and maybe some old-fashion barefoot dancing while yelling out spontaneous haiku's right after.Sounds good eh.You in?

+This is endless.

A slightly paraphrased,funny recap from last night.

Ir: Did you have an imaginary friend when you were young?
A: Nah,but I know a lot of children without siblings tend to have those.
Am: When I was young,I didn't know they existed.

....psyyyychhhoooooooo...Hahaha:p

Came across this cool blog,Dooce-check out the pics she puts up.They're unutterably gorgeous.She uses a Nikon D70-damn,just when I'm determined to go for a Canon,this makes me all indecisive again.I think I'll just resort to the ancient,time-tested method of coin-flipping in the end.

No comments: