24.11.07

Sea Change

Floyd:Wow,hot dog huh?
Liz: I only eat them on special occasions.
Floyd: What's the special occasion?
Liz: I decided to eat one.

From 30 Rock.

In this article,30 Rock is said to be "the new Arrested Development".That's probably pushing it.The jokes are hilarious 90% of the time,the scenarios simple and enjoyable-and similar to good shows like AD,the characters are clearly drawn out,differentiated and they stick to their individual mannerisms.But there's a lack of consistency at times-ep to ep,there's minimal continuity and new stories are created entirely.And though most times they're solid from start to end,some just meander on exhaustedly with old jokes and random contrivances until they run out of gas after 20 minutes or so.As much as I love the show,calling it "the new Arrested Development" is one helluva stretch.

I know right,like you give a fuck.But I just needed to get it off my chest-when it comes to things I either don't like or can't give two shits for,I can't be bothered about anything.But if I'm dealing about something I truly like and enjoy,I look at it fairly and say what I want to even if it's not something good.Freedom of speech,opinions and so on,all those fancy things ya' know.Plus,like I give a fuck if you give a fuck.

Birthday celeb was fantastic-thanks for the wishes,the company-my transition from 18 to 19 turned out to be a blast.I'll say it was the perfect ending to a what was a tumultuous,but overall spectacular year-and I'll stop there,at the risk of sounding redundant.Someone drank a bit too much and kept quoting Misses Featherbottom-"Ok,who'd like a banger in the mouth?" LOL.

A couple of exceptional albums I recently downloaded.Highly recommended.

Broken Social Scene-You Forgot it In People
Beck-Sea Change
Spoon-Kill the Moonlight
M.I.A-Arular
John Mayer-Any Given Thursday

With that last one (a live album),"Why Georgia" goes on for about a good 8 minutes or so-there's this part somewhere after midpoint where he stops to let the audience launch into the "So what,so I've got a smile on" part,I can't help but join the frenzy and feel all high as well.

+EW comes up with a list of their Top Entertainers of the Year.Includes perpetual has-beens who simply refuse to disappear:Will Smith,the hugely overrated Johnny Depp & a couple other odd choices-top overactors Katherine Heigl & Vanessa Williams (both ridiculous beyond words),Zac Efron (seriously,where's the appeal?Enlighten me,oh' clever one) and J.K. Rowling (that last book was just underwhelming).For what it's worth,they got it right with Tina Fey (they pic they have with her holding a huge pencil's so adorable),Clooney (who also has the added advantage of having a sexy,sexy,sexy voice.Like the young Marlon Brando.No kidding),the Appatow group & tabloid-queen Amy Winehouse.Public notoriety aside,she's got real talent & her music deserves all the hype it gets.The verdict?Dumb list,catered for the type of Americans who are willing to watch practically anything on TV and are too easily satisfied.

+New trailer for Walk Hard.Jenna Fischer+Paul Rudd+Jason Schwartzman+Jack White.I think my head just exploded.

Liz: Ooh,why are you wearing a suit?
Jack: It's after six,Lemon.What am I,a farmer?

Going home tomorrow.I'm dedicating all my energy and time to nursing a massive ulcer,sure with a couple tubes of Bonjela and a dozen glasses of water per hour it'll be gone soon-my personal SWAT team.Either that or I'll end up with a burst kidney,severe bee-stung lips and require real medication.I don't care.This ulcer must go.

2 comments:

syz said...

LizLemon: by the hammer of thor!

ada kan one episode mcm tu? or am i getting the words wrong? eitherway, hilarious!

Al said...

HAHAHA yea ada!I think Kenneth said it,or might be someone else.I'm flying off in a couple hours!

Anyhu,hving exams yea-all the best!

PS You owe me a (real) roti canai!