12.11.07

Yose'

I've been running errands all day,beginning with a haircut and ending with a trip to Safeway to buy an overpriced honeydew.I guess errands is making it sound more important than it really is.Well,it wasn't overpriced,but just mispriced-the queue was long,so I could only afford a short argument with the well-intentioned cashier,who patiently advised me to take it to the service desk-before long I dirty glances were thrown my way,cue to pay and leave.On the way home,I thought of the nice cashier guy who had a bright orange beard which glowed like Summer in Iran.

And,in the morning at the saloon (I honestly don't know what they call them nowadays-Barbershop?Hair Parlor?Beauty Center?) this girl named Yose' (one of those difficult Korean Names,the first few times she said it I heard "Used Hair",and thought that all the staff here had weird names centered around silly puns) was just downright clumsy-they had three workers present at the time I was there,two casually appeared & disappeared and seemed to be doing nothing,so Yose' was left to answer calls at the desk,single-handedly manage the entire place while serving me.When washing my hair,she got the whole top part of my shirt wet-like I just climbed out a water slide.She was cutting my hair somewhat mindlessly,so instead of browsing through mags I had my own personal life to guard from this mad-snapping shark lady.Despite the experience,I was satisfied with the end result and Yose' was warm and chatty,although most of the time I couldn't catch what she was saying-that undecipherable accent-so I chose between slow nodding,the usual "a-ha?/Omigawd!" or two-note giggle depending on her tone.

Anyhu,some random snippets I personally find interesting,if not profound.I'm just amazed,how these songwriters can write such beautiful songs and say it so gracefully without coming off overly complex,or loony-plus,great vocals and smooth sound arrangement doesn't hurt either.

I could be wrong, I could be ready
Oh,but if I take my heart’s advice
I should assume it’s still unsteady
John Mayer-In Repair

you looked around you, nobody had taken
any notice of what you saw: against the evening sky a formation
a million black birds looking like one
Kings of Convenience-Live Long

He sets off,the beauty in her
He's Venus as a boy
Bjork-Venus as a Boy

Silently reflection turns my world to stone
Patiently correction leaves us all alone
The Killers-Tranquilize

Take your time when you tell her
how she lives in your blood
The National-Val Jester

With all of the time in the world to spend it
wild and unwise
I wanna be mesmerizing too
Liz Phair-Mesmerizing

Time for a shower and late night meditative tea brewing.No,I did not just invent that.Young kids these days.

4 comments:

Ai Ming said...

"...late night meditative tea brewing"
YER
so uncle

Al said...

oh look,attack of the weird-looking profile picture!ahaha.i think a couple veins in my lungs just ruptured from that brief laughter.i'm so old.

reminds me of this ep of HOUSE,this old man wakes up from a coma,later goes "What's an EE-POD?".Haha.

MaE : ) said...

"I find it so romantic when you
look into my beautiful eyes
and lose control"
-The killers, who let you go?

Al said...

Hurm,I need to download their older albums-whoever's behind the songwriting (Brandon F I presume) is just bloody effing genius.