19.12.07

West Hill

Can I get control,
Do you like me vulnerable?
M.I.A-Bucky Done Gun.

I wouldn't trade one stupid decision
For another five years of lies.
LCD Soundsystem-All My Friends

Now I know there is a world beyond
the small place I was coming from.

I feel at home here in the middle of nowhere.

I will never know the names
of these places that I travel through
to reach the coastline-
I've been told I will be there in time.
Kings of Convenience-Summer on The West Hill

With that last one,it's unbelievable the kind of songs this nerdy-looking duo come up with.The lyrics are so affectingly profound,combined with their nice mellow voices & ethereal guitars the result is just perfect esctacy-I could just put their music on and drown in their music all day,just let it take me away for a couple hours.Realised mum looked gravely stressed recently,so yesterday I burned a couple of their songs onto a CD & labeled it PEACEFUL MUSIC for her car,some music to and from the office and to accompany her many long journeys (and mine).

(Please,ocean cloud-let there be no storm on the crossing below)

No comments: