15.2.08

Morning

For some reason my body chose to come awake at 5am-after a dreamless sleep that afterward felt like a stress-induced headache,I came conscious to total darkness-eyelids batting and breathing heavily,before venturing to move one big toe.Okay,I'm...awake.And my brain's beating out its skull,the sides of my nose feel sticky with sweat.There is a reason I've come to wake up this early,and before the day ends I intend to find out.

The Raveonettes-Hallucinations
The Hoosiers-A Sadness Runs through him
Kanye West-I Wonder
Wilco-Either way
Jack Johnson-All at Once

The new Jack J album's full of serious message songs,which is fine if it's a Hilary 08 soundtrack compilation or something.I bet if you play the songs backwards there'll be secret messages about how people today are so forgetful and ignorant and you should recycle and protest to this/that.But whatever,Mr Banana Pancakes can sing about old people shitting their diapers and I'd still be stupid enough to love his music.

A new sun greets me not too shyly,gentle waves of heat trickling across my arms and face-then the drums come on,the marching band launches into chorus and school-going children press their eager faces against windows to see me fly into space.3,2,1 and we all explode into confetti!And all that's left are echoes of a place once bright and noisy,and finally an eerie silence that signals new beginnings.We're reborn into..ooh a new Breaking Bad ep just finished uploading.I'm out!

No comments: