21.9.08

April

Nothing new.

1. Watched Ferris Bueller's Day Off,better than expected and I've got Singles on tv while I attempt to multi-task and I kind of dig the way the film just completely rambles like someone's whose talking and you sort of lose interest once in a while but you're able to absorb the essence of what's said.

2. Emmys (full results here)-I think Mad Men is just okay and while I'm happy that 30 Rock won a couple major awards,the last season was inconsistent and the plot was way too loose.I'm totally esctatic for Bryan Cranston (the guy who played Malcolm's dad on Malcolm in the Middle) who won best Actor in a drama series for Breaking Bad-a little talked about series that was temporarily halted by the strike earlier in the year,but its really a series I strongly recommend watching.Its unsurprising that Lost got zero nominations this year-it was tighter and it recovered from an extremely slow and frustrating 4th season,but all that build-up felt wasted on the two-hour season finale after which I'm sure everyone just went HUH?On the other hand,Big Love went MIA.

3.
The album cover for Sun Kil Moon's April.
4 tracks streaming on their MySpace.
Its the kind of music I stay up late to listen to,meant for long train rides and stormy afternoons.

4. Big Day Out '09 in Melbourne headlined by.....Neil Young?FTW.


...

1 comment:

Rahimy said...

I think da rabbit kene rasuk dgn bambi! deer-wanna be!