6.10.08

Huh

Wow.
What an inactive cow I've been.
Saw about half of the VP debate (thanks to the good folks on ABC-who I believe televised it live-a rare feat in a time when most Australian channels lay terms like "fastracked from the US" to deceive viewers),it was interesting at first but once they strayed away from the economy and into the apparently more "controversial" issues.Before anything,I must say Biden has a smile that is absolutely blinding they could put that smile on a milk carton and I'd buy it everytime.Palin was unamusingly elusive,but she did uncover a lot of statistical facts I didn't know about Obama's true position on certain things-and while I felt Biden did a better job at attacking the questions head-on (Palin rambled incessantly about "the American people" and her supposed connection with the common folk ie Joe 6 pack and hockey moms and whatnot-a strategy which I find transparently hollow-next thing you know she'll do a "Jenny on the Block" video emphasizing on how "real" she is),neither candidates displayed a strong position and were both neither here nor there.It wouldn't be surprising if McCain dropped Palin (an unwise decision at this point in the race,but the toughest decisions are the most important),I'm saying this because I think she's genuinely incapable of managing an entire country (the way she bases her potential on her experiences in Alaska-ie foreign policy and Russia being the most obvious-its just an incredibly dumb thing to say),plus both McCain and Palin were decidely rocky on the bailout issue-see how she kept reverting to taxes when pressed to respond to Biden's points,that sly ox.

I'll leave you with a vid of Tina Fey doing Palin for the 3rd time.I didn't enjoy it as much,but you might.But I could have Tina Fey striking her yearbook pose all day and it'd be fine.Its going to be a worky (?) week,and I think that chihuahua movie looks like a good weekender.Talking dogs,when has that ever not worked?
...



...

No comments: