28.10.08

Kyla

World's most shocking stories was on,tonight it was "World's Smallest Kids"-they introduced two characters,the first Kyla and the other Tyler.Kyla apparently weighs 17 pounds,has a disproportionately large face and the top half of her jaw juts out weirdly,but she's as arrogant and sassy as any other 14 year old teen.Tyler's about 7 years old,can't speak well and has limited hearing-he was diagnosed with MOPD Type 2 (not so sure what that was-primordial dwarf syndrome or something),while he walks around the mall with his mom a kid perhaps a year or two older clad in an oversized jersey comes to him,raises both his hands and shouts "I'm bigger than you!" for no apparent reason,then runs off.Tyler coveres his eyes with one arm,begins to sob while his mom tries to console him.Kyla's turning 14,she organizes a huge birthday party and calls parents all over America with children like her to attend-she doesnt't like mixing with little people,a 16 year-old dwarf asks her if she wants to go golf later-she considers it,then walks off.The episode ends with an interview with Kyla,who says "People laugh at me and stuff,but for some reason I wouldn't want to not be me.I don't know why,but I wouldn't want to be anybody else",I'm sure all of this converts to some message,so I won't patronize you with my personal take on it.

After that,it was time to tune into my new favourite show-Girls of the Playboy Mansion.I'm just waiting for the Kendra-Holly rivalry (they never say it explicitly,but their body language speaks plenty) to explode.



The album's pretty good too,they remind me of Black Kids without the excessive hyperactivity.Try 'strobe','lovesick' & 'in the hospital.
+1st review for Synedoche,New York out,not so good.

...

No comments: