25.1.09

Merriweather Post Pavilion

First album I love from 09'.

Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion,its name a music venue in Columbia the band members have fond memories of.And the cover,a wiggly optical illusion the work of a Japanese psychologist.So the cover's kind of MS Paint crap,and the album name cryptic-but the music is nothing short of PURE MAGIC.

Very MGMT though much more unconventional,it dabbles with a lot of alien sounds and choirboy-type vocals that sound adventurous/poignant when paired with the lyrics,I can't say much every song is really,really well-written.In terms of lyrics,In The Flowers and Brother Sport take the win.I've had the album for about 10 days,but I've had it on everywhere-in the gym,on the street,at home-and I'm not exaggerating when I say that its honestly too perfect.

Here's an unofficial vid for the best song on the album,though its a a bit poor/Youtubey in quality. "Bluish".


...

No comments: