15.1.11

gisele bundchen for vogue china

 

can we first address how insane that metal studded coat on the left is,its like a fucking chandelier vomited on it  and karl lagerfield then later rearranged the ornaments to the theme of a parisian castle,it is an absolute stunner.the thing I love best of course is the balenciaga shirt they've used on the right.i thought a few times about compiling my favorite style items from last year,i think the results would've been surprising. my favorite red carpet looks were,in the female category anna paquin at the emmys in a mcqueen gladiator dress,and for male because I'm prone to favor classic suits,time & tested cuts than bold,flamboyant pieces I'd choose either david beckham or thom browne as the year's best dressed (and jared leto,but his wardrobe really is a second entity to his personality).but my favorite collection from the whole year,was the balenciaga spring rtw (few of which I featured here),it was an entirely female collection but strangely androgynous,catered for flat,slender frames and each individual piece made me gasp,here Gisele (who also walked the runway for the collection,and was in their very odd voodoo-themed campaign) is the perfect choice,that white shirt is so crisp,simple but quietly innovative,I shudder to think how much it would cost

No comments: