25.1.08

Feel

Slow news day,thank God there's this new Feist vid for 'I feel it All' to pick things up.Directed by Patrick Daughters (who has worked with Feist before,and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs),this time around it's just the carefree Canadian songstress launching fireworks on cue from a stick-deceivingly simple,but perfectly fitting for one of the album's top tracks.

Songs for the four-eyed girl.

Arcade Fire-Haiti
Sufjan Stevens-Pittsfield
Cat Power-Free
Ryan Adams-Shallow
Peter Bjorn & John-Poor Cow
Spoon-Finer Feelings

Random line taken from a book I'm currently reading (Jonathan Safran Foer-Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close)-"The secret was a hole in the middle of me that every happy thing fell into".Ah,how beautiful.

+In light of his recent passing,here's Ellen's low-key but touchingly sincere tribute to Heath Ledger (via PopCandy).

2 comments:

syz said...

safran is good like that kan?. his way of wording things.
i bought that j.franzen book u recommended. expectations are sky high, serious.

Al said...

Yea,I just finished the book yest-honestly Evtg Is Illuminated was a bit too pening kepala for me,but this one's clearer & really just pouring out with grief on every page-and the weepy child inside me's still yearning for an alternative (happy) ending.I need a hug like,now.

Mmmph,that Franzen book's good but.I should stop complimenting anytg excessively-next time an opinion is asked,I'll go "I believe in neutrality".