9.3.08

Innovate

What I'm searching for
to tell it straight, I'm tryin to build a wall
Walking by myself
down avenues that reek of time to kill
If you see me keep going
be a pass by waver
Build me up, bring me down
just leave me out you name dropper
Stop tryin to catch my eye
I see you good you forced faker
Just make it easy
You're my enemy you fast talker

I can say I hope it will be worth what I give up
If I could stand up mean for all the things that I believe

What am I here for
I left my home to disappear is all
I'm here for myself
Not to know you
I don't need no one else
Fit in so good the hope is that you cannot see me later
You don't know me
I am an introvert an excavator
I'm duckin' out for now
a face in dodgy elevators
Creep up and suddenly
I found myself
an innovator

Change, change, change,
I want to get up out of my skin
tell you what
if I can shake it
I'm 'a make this
something worth dreaming of
...

Santogold-L.E.S Artistes

Amazing song.

Have faith my friend,you don't see how truly strong you are.Fearing to do something-but somehow doing it anyway,that's a sign of courage-that even while doubting yourself,anxious at the whole thing fucking up you walk on anyways,striving past a dozen laughing faces and unkind thoughts,but making it through in one piece.There's a voice inside you that keeps reminding you of the kind of person you were as a child-bold,careless,free-that inside,you're still that person,past all these painstaking fixes you've had to make to fit in.Even broken,sometimes morose-you still achieve new things,face your fears with a shameless face,you start to realize that being free is a state of mind,not where you are,what you have or who you're with.You're a new person everyday,growing bit by bit and becoming stronger every time you make it through another storm.

It's easy to be normal.Just laze around,pointing fingers at people and laughing at them for being different.Have a steady routine of lunches with friends,have yourself attend parties and keep those facebook friend numbers up.It's too easy to have to agree to every opinion,to enslave yourself to a bunch of people who only want you to say and do certain things-this way,you'll have the whole world love you as that adorable,well-packaged concept of a person.He's nice,I like him.The alternative route,however,is nowhere near easy.Life's what you make it-if you want something badly enough,you'll somehow learn to take the punches that come your way-first few times you'll be beaten down badly,but if that desire is able to persevere,you'll only grow stronger in the long run.

The road to redemption started a long time ago,without you even realizing it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excellent post.

in my time of need, i almost feel it is addressed to me. to the core.

wish ur in syd for a steady routine of lunches.

thx for encouraging my writing. and me.

-sunshine-