13.4.08

Camp

Ok first thing's first-this guy on The Biggest Loser lost 8.1 kilo's.Now we get to why this is such a huge deal-usually Aussie versions of American shows are pretty mellow and undramatic-week to week the contestants gasp over silly piano music when someone loses like 3 kilo's or whatever-these people do nothing but exercise and eat healthy food and think and dream about exercise and healthy food all week,so 3 kilo's is no big achievement.So when this guy comes on the weighing machine-the numbers come up and it's 8 kilo's,you can see the wordless shock on everyone's faces and I'm like "Damn".

Fine that was lame.

Let's get to the sushi issue.This morning I had a couple errands to run,and amidst marching all over town like a fucking Nazi I felt hungry and wanted some sushi-but there was still a lot of work to do,so I bought a few and ate them while walking,boarding the tram,typing shit,answering calls.By the end of it,I was full but had no clue what I had just ate.And the rest of the day was spent doing trivial things like using Microsoft Equation on Word to insert all kinds of pedantic little symbols but Econometrics is kinda fun although a dropping a few of the menial things we have to do would be nice.Back to the sushi issue-so later that evening I had a crushing craving for sushi,it was late so after surveying about 5 closed sushi shops I was almost tempted to buy the ingredients and do it myself-shouldn't be too hard,Japanese rice,teriyaki chicken and okay it would be hard so I'll have some tomorrow maybe.

Had a fantastic weekend,one of the highest points of the year so far,again I find that anything is possible if you push yourself hard enough.It was an out-of-self experience-people always say that and every time they do I'm thinking ''What the hell is he talking about?" but I think I finally know what it means-it's when you embrace something new,and the result might be a smooth combo of pain and joy (it's never ALL good) but at the end you feel that you've gained something invaluable and new,that changing is extremely hard but rewarding in so many ways.

I can't relate the whole weekend to you-so I'll share a few small bits that were exciting.On our way back in the car it was all classic rock music,then "Final Countdown" came on and turned out half the people in that SUV were AD fans-so there was a small chat about Gob "ser-sum-vent" Bluth,and the rest of the way the whole damn car smelled of ham cheese mushrooms cos' everyone was burping after the pizza stop and suddenly someone just yelled out "Pop Secret!" and started laughing.And I met a whole bunch of new interesting people,who all had funny experiences to share ("When I was in Russia,I had this roomie who cured her sinus by snorting up salt" or "I worked in an old folks home but it was too depressing,so now I'm a tour guide at Melbourne Zoo" and things like that) and there was this crazy girl called Olivia,I tried to tell her the story about Olivia from Bolivia and ended up giggling like mad before I even finished the story and Olivia ended up with "Andrew" as her fake name for Nerd night during which almost everyone was so fuck drunk that every minute or so I'd hear someone scream "SKOLL! SKOLL!".

Matt Costa-Sunshine

There was this Chinese girl in the lift who smelled like watermelon,and it was a very cheap unsavory stench.The idea is to smell like fruit,not like a fruit.And yes there is a difference.I smell kebab.

...

No comments: