18.5.08

Big Brother

Dixie (on Bridgette): She's so unbelievably stupid,but she has a good heart.

So Dixie's supposedly a counselor on the outside,but she's one of the biggest,most paranoid and emotionally unstable psychos in the house.The fact that these people take time off their jobs to lounge around doing nothing on Big Brother (and that only one will eventually take home the big prize) makes for some mindless entertainment.Say someone says something about someone-what happens is,for the next 24 hours this will gradually blow-up to involve more people,everyone subconsciously taking sides over casual chit-chats and this will drag on to a few days to which the triviality of the whole thing is altogether ignored.

+So,I somehow made it to episode 17 of Gossip Girl.Blair & Chuck keep things interesting,but anything involving Roofus,or S & D arguing for the 700th time (don't you dimwits ever learn,keeping secrets is not good!) I fast forward past.And true enough,Blake Lively's acting has only gotten worse,someone please give her a bloody Razzie already-(spoiler!)-"I murdered someone",she says at the end of ep 16,on both knees and doing something that's meant to be crying but looks pretty pathetic.For me,that was the funniest GG moment to date-the crap "acting" we get from Serena is absolutely priceless.

The new Death Cab album is surprisingly good.Even the epically long I will possess Your Heart is growing on me,only the Indian beats on Pity & Fear sound a bit out of place and No Sunlight sounds jovial and empty like a boyband tune.But overall the album's really impressive,and the songwriting is still uncomplicated and poignant.

I want to know my fate if I keep up this way
It's hard to want to stay awake
And everyone you meet they all seem to be asleep
You wonder if you're missing your dream
(Bixby Canyon Bridge)

There are no tears, just pity and fear
I recall the push more than the fall
(Pity & Fear)

Oh, my talking bird
Though your feathers are tattered and furled
I'll love you all your days
'Till the breathe leaves your delicate frame
(Talking bird)

...

No comments: