28.8.08

Beach

I ask J,an expert on Japanese culture and its many fascinating aspects,about a passage from Kafka on the Shore.It was about an odd phenomenon where the soul leaves the body,the fact that people found it puzzling and had no way to explain it-he mentions some obscure Japanese titles,translated in English which deals on the subject and goes on to add some random trivia about said soul leaving body issue.I point to the novel I'm reading and say,its research as I think I'm going through something similar and in all seriousness he offers to call his Japanese house mother for advice.

Mind cramped like twenty midgets fit into the tiniest car,then one of them dies and because noone bothers to help them the other 19 are forced to live with a corpse in confined space.Took a short break last night to go to the Beach House gig at The Toff/Curtin House,it was good and though live versions of "Gila","Wedding Bell" and "Heart of Chambers" sounded bare with only 3 instruments played,all realy bass-heavy the vocals were transcendent and no overzealous teens were spotted.In fact,the audience were mostly creatively dressed in vintage attire,while W and I stood minding our own business in stained skinny's and shirts with "funny" statements that looked lame in comparison.Good thing is that we don't have any gigs lined up for the rest of the year,and no recently announced gigs I'm too keen to follow-so I get to save money for the real good stuff,which'll hopefully pop up in a few months time.


Oh my.

...

No comments: