22.10.08

Asshole

Kebengonan Maksimum.

While using the laptop last night,I heard a buzzing sound and turned the laptop around to discover sparks emanating out of the end of the ac adaptor.I wondered if perusing more gossip websites and chatting online was worth risking having the laptop blow up and my face is pieces all over the bedroom wall.So,I'm officially without a laptop (big deal).Then the phone started acting funny and a 'dishonour notice' came in the mail for a bill I apparently had no money to pay for,so the bank took the liberty of paying it for me hence the $30 charge.

But no,I remember paying the bill and a quick check online confirms this.So I visited the bank (the nice unibrow girl was there,in her usual mismatched pantsuit) and turns out it was a wrongdoing on Tru Energy's part-they took my money from a secondary account that wasn't meant for bills,and more importantly,they took it even after the bill was paid well in advance of its due date.Hence fate takes us to this 15-minute argument on the phone with a fantastically stupid superbitch who,under the delusion of being an omnipotent Judge Judy figure-proceeded to grill me in a lawyer-like fashion,"Sir,you're not answering the question-as pointed out blabla,the account information was incorrect hence blabla"-clearly I was able to see through this pathetic double-talk to highlight her own elusiveness from the truth.I kept pressing that the amount was taken EVEN AFTER the bill was paid,a sarcastic comment or twelve might've slipped out (''Oh,so even after the customer's paid you take the money-I wasn't aware that's how we do business nowdays",in a pretentious house-wife voice),what happened was they took the money (that wasn't there-BAM comes the $30 fee) then reversed the transaction a day later,mindful about the mistake made.It came to a point where both of us were screaming into the phone (we were well past "Lower your voice down,sir,there's no need for shouting" or "Could you please re-explain that?") and then this guy came (I was in the union lab,where people come mainly to blog,facebook and do crap stuff) and said "Excuse me,could you please take your call outside-you're intefering"-whatever,he was polite enough to warrant avoiding a bleeding nose,so I took the call outside-where the line deliberately died.

So I left the cursed reception blackhole of a building to call outside,on the other end was a guy-I insisted on continuing our unfinished war (I imagine the superbitch wearing a second-hand tiara she bought in Chinatown,some chinchilla fur coat she stole from a wheelchair-bound grandmother,happily downing a pack of discounted wine and smiling to the big portrait of herself stuck above that was captioned "I IS POWER") but this guy took over instead and the matter was resolved within 3 minutes ("I'll credit your account for $30,sorry for the blunder").

There,my exciting story about fighting with some lady over the phone.

...

1 comment:

Ace said...

Ah, that sounds so annoying! I think it's a ploy to frustrate you so much that you give up so they don't have to refund your money. Grr.