23.10.08

Van She Hype Machine


This is what Van She's calendar looks like (plucked from their MySpace),as for now.

1 Nov Malaysia (Venue TCB)
10-30 Nov Touring as a supporting act for Block Party's 'Intimacy' Tour

Holy fuck man.

To anyone in Malaysia reading this,GO FOR THEIR GIG.
Tickets for the Bloc Party gig are sold out,I was considering going for my beloved Van She alone (honestly,they're unbelievable)-but the thought of spending a single cent on Bloc Party disgusts me,when you produce an album as bad as 'Weekend in The City' (seriously,the shitmeter just went past the roof) you're bound to attract some passionate haters.

Anyway,I can't believe Van She's not doing their own thing by now-to tag along beside some overrated english band is below them at this stage.And by the way,where was Van She at the ARIA's (not that anyone actually takes the program seriously,I mean Gabriella "That One Fuckin Song" Cilmi winnning over Kylie?Ha fucking Ha guys,joke of the year).If I sound angry that's because I just came out of a meeting that was basically without an agenda,so people kept interrupting all the time and we covered different issues in the most retarded way possible,but more so because Van She shouldn't play second fiddle to BP.Ok,go buy their album now-this won't be my final endorsement,so you might as well just buy the damn thing so we can both be Van She maniacs/BFFs.
...

2 comments:

A said...

Al, sometimes your expressed distaste for bands/people/objects scares the shit out of me.

but you make a very nice hype machine. Van She should pay you. or offer you hugs and free gig tickets.

Al said...

I know,sometimes I read my own stuff and go "man,that's one angry person" and realize its me,maybe I should tone it down heh-and VS owes me nothing,their album's more than enough compensation for this so-called hype machine.but i like the idea of people trading hugs instead of money.