17.12.09

moleskine

1. I used to go to a bookstore,grab the cheapest blank sketchbook available-and whenever someone said "I love Moleskines",I'd think Nah they're just saying that,no book with empty pages can be that revolutionary.Plus all that "The legendary notebook used by Hemingway/Wilde" shit sounds bogus,like the second e in 'Moleskine'.Plus,they cost quite a good buck.

2. But then,I got past my inner sceptic and got one.And it is beyond amazing.You write,draw,do what you do,somewhat differently-the paper is smooth so thoughts traverse from your mind,via pencil,to paper-seamlessly.

3. Some people/companies want to do everything,they lose focus.I have this laptop bag,it looks like shit-but its perfect.Straps at all the right places,equal weight distribution,everything seems to have been well thought-out,as if they spent years in a laboratory continually assessing prototypes until all was right.This is how a Moleskine feels like,the thin string,slight curve of the page at the corners,the just right shade of black of the not too thick leather cover,the size and shape.


...

No comments: