27.1.11

breakup thursday

I’ve been listening to Adele’s new album,21,on loop and each song puts me at ease,reminds me of the first album,for which I think she wrote all the songs. Then,she had a way with words,putting strong messages simply and of course,that voice in in itself an enchanting force.Not to be melodramatic,but I’ve picked five lines from 21 which I absolutely loved. You need to Youtube vids of her performing her new songs,she’s always donned completely in black and with her hair tied back,such a bare setting and wardrobe,but she is one of the most expressive,captivating singers out there and her live shows should be classified as performance art,she’s won 2 grammy’s but I hope 21 does even better.



1. You’ll never know if you never try,to forgive your past and simply be mine. (One and Only)


2. I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited,but I couldn’t stay away,I couldn’t fight it. (Someone like you)


3. I’ll be somebody different,I’ll be better to you! (I’ll be waiting)


4. Some say I’ll be better without you,but they don’t know you like I do. But I won’t go,if this ain’t love then what is? (He Won’t go)


5. I know I have a fickle heart and a bitterness,a wandering eye and a heaviness in my head. But don’t you remember,the reason you loved me before? (Don’t you remember?)

No comments: