15.9.06

Tick Tock


Mom sends me letters all the time,often they're not the usual ''how are you's'' and sarcastic ''i still exist'' bunch of letters,but-from this point onwards the post has been edited cos' i felt the stuff i wrote could cause a sentimality overdose,anyhows yeah here's a poem written on the card mom sent me few months ago.Its her way of saying,well,from reading the poem i bet you could figure that out yourself.

Do not stand
on my grave and weep.
I am not there.
I did not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints of snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken
in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars
that shine at night.
Do not stand on my grave and cry,
I am not there;
I did not die.

Yes,sappy stuff people.Went shopping again today at Smith Street,almost spent $100ausd but too bad the shopkeepers shoo-ed me out before i could pay cos' the shop was closing.Thinking back,those mean bastards did me a favour by getting in the way of me buying those volcom shirts cos' they were damn hedious.One thing particularly different about that area of the city is that the restaurants and cafe's there have a longer list of cheap appetizers,they spend more time preparing the meals and you see more cushions reserved for patrons than hard,cold plastic chairs-which is probably because people in the city have to find time from their tight schedules to have lunch or dinner,hence the many fast-food stores where you can get lousily-prepared burgers for less than $5-briefly,the clocks in this part of town move slower and so do the people.Which isn't a bad thing,except maybe if there's a fire or something.Relating this to old horror flicks,they're more draggy and there's tons of suspensful build-up before something big happens-like say,The Shining (which we watched couple weeks back and definitely did not enjoy),if compared to modern thrillers like The Excorcist,or even Pontianak films,where we get pissed off if the villian/ghost does not appear fast or someone does not die within 30 minutes-that's how we've changed,people back then had the time to sit back and enjoy slow-paced films and breath their way through life,while we struggle to become lawyers and doctors who instant coffee and 'carreer-first' all the way to old age.

And then we regret.

So people,make the most out of your lives.Its going to be a short journey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i edited my post too...was too angsty for public eyes. doncha think we live in a fishbowl?

hate horror flicks

i wish we lived in a more leisurely time. i dun wanna be one of those ppl who make careers their life and think thts all they can do. i dun wanna regret...society wont dictate wut i do afta doin my stupid degree i hope. i wont let em. not sayin we shdnt accomplish things, but let it be our own calling.

i like ur poem. and snail mail. rmmbr kys ones? lol

i wish life is faster. i wanna be 24 now. my degree wud be over. life will be before me and i can decide wut to do wif it wif some means of supporting myself and living happily ever after wif those i hold dear. naive huh =P

the end =]