30.7.08

Watchmen

The trailer for Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince has been released,and how do I say this...I don't like it.In addition to a Dumbledore who sounds too young and the consistently wooden Daniel Radcliffe (that stint on Extras could be the only good thing he'll end up doing his whole life,unless he branches out into comedy or at least something less serious),they've also hired a stone-faced kid actor to play young Harry (or was that Voldy?).Well,to be honest I think Half-Blood Prince was when the series really lost it,though the slow downfall officially began after Prisoner of Azkaban (both the book & film).I'll be looking forward to the MAD parody.

Now lets give way to more quality stuff.While Dark Knight wasn't a total bore,the couple trailers they played ahead were pretty interesting especially the Watchmen trailer.I have no idea who these actors are and am completely unfamiliar with the comic but I see a man in a funny cat mask,a Chinese fisherman and a really skinny guy with fake plastic abs.That said,its also one of the best trailers I've seen all year.It doesn't propose a story,but shows a succession of weird people with powers in highly visual settings that look extremely enticing,plus the choice of song fits perfectly and gives the trailer a transcendent,eerie feel.

The Teenagers+Ting Tings+New Young Pony Club=Black Kids

Black Kids-Love me Already (live version here),super tune.I'll bag this under Teen Psycho Theme Songs.

Don't tell me what my problem is
Just tell me what
She's doing at his
Apartment at midnight
I didn't get an invite
Tonight on my birthday
That ain't half right
My best boy Teddy
That skeezer, how could he?
Goddammit girl, just love me already
Can't you LOVE LOVE LOVE me already

Ach,sore throat.

...

3 comments:

soraya barakbah said...

you gotta be kidding me, prisoner of azkaban was the best book ever!.
i wont say much about the movies as they have constantly disappointed me with additional unnecessary scenes n lack of accuracy n important scenes.

soraya barakbah said...

oh and that was young voldemort. as for dumbledore, richard harris certainly played it better. i guess since dumbledore came out of the closet, the directors tried to harp on that by making him dress n sound like a hippie

Al said...

ahahah

yep dumbledore does sound like he just drank a bit too much of that youth potion,what i meant was things began rotting after prisoner of azkaban.i loooveed the book,and the movie was pretty awesome too.after that everything felt contrived & commercial,the imagination just wasn't there nemore